Who am I?
My name is Steven, a native Chinese guy and a Master’s degree in MSc Finance&IT from Keele University. I had been struggling with what I was supposed to do after graduation for long until I got in touch with Internet Marketing and SEO things in 2007.
Then, I quickly realized how powerful the funnel of SEO marketing can fuel up business growth. Online presentation for almost all types of business is increasingly becoming more necessary than ever. I have been dedicating myself to SEO along with other digital marketing stuff since then, and never look back.
SEO is a spiral process of learning and practicing. You might fail many projects in order to testify a specific strategy and method. Obviously, a successful SEOer should carry the following tags of consistency, hard work, patience, and dedication.
How I Start SEO?
I started my SEO journey by optimizing local clients’ websites. I took a small monthly charge and working desperate hard on the SEO campaigns.
The first website I managed is an eCommerce store selling printer cartridge. I managed to push a few keywords on the top and generated a few thousands of dollars profit in the first a few months.
Just like many SEO newbies nowadays, I felt I already mastered the key to crack down the SEO myth. I then switched my focus to many offline things once I ranked keywords top. Due to the lack of maintenance on clients’ campaigns, keywords ranking started to drop, and the Google algorithm update also gave the big hit. I lost the local connection finally.
Although start with the failure, I still managed to learn a lot of ins and outs of SEO. These experiences help me lock down a full-time office job.
HitSurger Comes Online
I had been working as a full-time office Internet marketer for a few years, until late 2017. I can’t say how impressive these 9-5 jobs, but I accept the act that you might always have to go through some tough in your life.
I left my last company in Dec of 2017. Start thinking about the next movement in my career. I have been doing Internet marketing for almost ten years by now. I already have worked and practiced many projects, from website design, e-commerce store design, keywords research, and offsite links building. Out of these, the overall success is widely varied, from a few thousand dollars monthly earning to totally abandon in the middle, lost all invest.
Although it is a long process of trial and tries. I am still happy to get to know many great guys in this circle. These sources and tools I accumulated are powerful enough to run a successful marketing campaign, from keywords research and group to links outreach. Therefore, HitSurger comes up online to share and educate my experience, skills, and resources.
What I already learned by NOW:
- Set up your career goal as early as possible, then working hard consistently on it;
- The environment and people you work with are more important than the money;
- Success never comes easy, and you should work hard until you figure out what works best for you;
- How quick you achieve success largely depends on the speed of implementation and the ability to take action;
- Outsource as much as you can, but before that, you should be master of every piece;
- Finally, you haven’t got success, simply because you haven’t done enough, that’s it!!
- In 2018, I started the journey of HitSurger, where I share my sources, technique, and experience to boost your online recognition by SEO and marketing campaigns. Your success would be established simply on my long years’ trial and trying experience.