I have been doing Internet marketing for many years. I can’t label myself a true winner, but I really have experienced many failed curves along with some success during my 10 years play on IM and SEO.
Sometimes, when I recall my past years’ working experience, my biggest regret is there was no one mentoring and coaching me to avoid those stupid mistakes I made.
18 Mistakes to Avoid on Internet Marketing and SEO
Today, I read some nice points from a forum that someone shared his 2 cents of why most people fail on Internet Marketing. To combine with my own experience, I am going to list my own version as the following.
If you are just a newbie or even done many years on IM and SEO, but haven’t made a big breakthrough, then drop down to these points and chew slowly.
- Many beginners want quick money, so they focus on churn and burn methods. Those methods are for the short term, so they also fade away quickly.
- You never take Internet Marketing as a serious business. Just haven’t dedicated yourself to the full strength, but waiting for miracles. Are you a f*king genius?
- Fear to lose money. SEO and Internet marketing are money games these days, so if you invest 0, you can’t move forward.
- SEO requires patience nowadays, so if you want quick money, find another 9-5.
- You just write too many useless articles and no clue what keywords and topics you should focus on first.
- You shoot too many spammy links to your money sites, which means you have no idea of the proper link building strategy.
- Trying to save as much as you can on copywriting. Those non-native English articles won’t deliver you any shit.
- Success belongs to the minority because they don’t follow the crowd. Be creative is also the key to SEO.
- They just focus too much on a fancy design. Those colorful fancy graphics won’t contribute much to conversion. Trust me.
- English is poor, and have no idea how to properly chat with people from different culture background.
- Their WordPress dashboard is full of shitty plugins.
- They can’t manage to make good friends on the Internet, as they always receive but not give.
- Too many offline fairs distract your online concentration.
- You are too lazy to put enough time on your business, but addictive with online games and porn.
- You should test at least 2 – 3 projects each year, as the possibility of success is much higher.
- You spend all of earning instead of investing. You won’t go very far.
- Online marketing does not mean separate from offline. Just bear this mind that all come from the real world.
- If you have a good idea, just take action to test it asap. Postpone is the big enemy to any success.
That is all I have in my mind that I think is worth sharing in public. If you have fallen into one or two of these, just no need worry, but make a good plan and correct your weak points, your success would be coming closer to you.
I wish all you guys best luck！